Service and Care Packages
Otago Blue Ltd offer a full range of tailored inspection, preventative maintenance and service packages for sound, video and lighting equipment to ensure compliance with health and safety requirements ensuring the system and equipment is safe to use but also to ensure that you get the peak and smooth performance of the system especially during show time and to avoid expensive repairs and callouts. Working with the duty holders and facility managers we can deliver a one off inspection, annual service to full care packages creating a custom cost-effective solution. Undertaking regular servicing keeps expensive breakdowns and repairs to a minimum but also extends the working life of the equipment and systems.
We can undertake the following –
- Full venue ‘Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR)’ including dimmers, non-dim circuits, independent circuits, patch bays, technical power, sound power, temporary large power outlets, blue lights, working lights, and integrated house lighting systems.
- Stage Theatre Lighting ‘Electrical Installation Condition Reports’ from the dimmers to the high level lighting bars and socket boxes.
- Functional testing of control systems, dimmers, power switching.
- Functional testing of fixed control, audio, induction loop, data wiring systems.
- Service, cleaning and PAT test of theatre lanterns, sound and video equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Refocusing lanterns and setting up a show rig.
Otago Blue Ltd have a wealth of experience and expertise and have been undertaking this type of specialist work for over 20 years and we have seen many changes in technology and complexity of these systems.
Health and safety legislation puts the legal responsibility of safety under the control of the duty holders and management. Theatre venues, school halls and drama studios are no exception, fixed or raise lower lighting & scenery bars, curtain tracks, sound and lighting equipment are all rigged above the users and public area, working at height with electrical wiring all increases the need for regular inspection and testing. Inspection and service ensures the systems and equipment are in good working order and safe to use and that you are meeting your legal, and often insurance and local authority licensing requirements.
Frequently asked questions
Question: What paperwork do we receive?
Answer: Depending on the level of service that has been agreed some or all of the following will be provided –
Venue summary report including general observations and improvements.
Electrical Installation Condition Report including observations and recommendations.
Equipment asset register with test results for all lighting, sound, video, power cables that have been serviced and PAT tested which can also be used to track maintenance and help with the risk based testing interval.
Rigging inspection report.
Load testing report.